PERSONAL TRAINING MENTORSHIP PROGRAM
The Level 3 Diploma is a combination of two courses – Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing and Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training. When the Diploma in Personal Training is completed, students will receive both the ActiveIQ Level 3 in Fitness Instructing and Personal Training and an Active IQ Level 2 Diploma in Health and Fitness.
CERTIFICATE IN FITNESS INSTRUCTING
This course is the starting point for a career in health and fitness
Once completed, students will be qualified to join CIMSPA as a Level 2 Gym Instructor.
CERTIFICATE IN PERSONAL TRAINING
Once completed, students will be qualified to join CIMSPA as a certified personal trainer.
The assessment process for the DipFIPT includes practical assessments, multiple choice theory exams and a number of worksheets.
Students successfully completing the Certificate in Personal Training will gain the following qualifications, all of which are accredited by Active IQ:
Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing
Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
For both the Certificate in Personal Training and Certificate in Fitness Instructing, the following key skills are needed:
A reasonable level of physical fitness
Reading, writing and numeracy skills
£1995 (5 monthly payments of £399)
To set you up on the right path, we will contact you during and after your course to talk about which pathway you would prefer to take in your career, whether that is securing a salaried role or working in a gym or health club as a self-employed Personal Trainer, or setting up your own business.
Certificate in Fitness InstructingThe course content covers
- The anatomy and physiology of the major body systems
- The concepts and components of fitness
- How to design an exercise programme, including the use of free weight, resistance machines, warm up and cool down routines, flexibility, abdominal and lower back exercises
- Professionalism – including ethics, customer service and health and safety
- Exercise considerations for the older population, 14-16 year olds, disabled people and those in pregnancy
Certificate in Personal TrainingThe course content covers
- Introduction to Personal Training
- Advanced anatomy and physiology
- Health and fitness appraisal
- Dynamic fitness testing – for power, muscular strength, endurance and flexibility
- Core training and programme design for hypertrophy, strength, power and aerobic fitness
- Assessment of posture and corrective exercise
- Nutritional advice, including pre and post exercise nutrition and weight management
- Identifying the health needs of different communities, and promoting healthy living
- Supporting individuals to help them make activity and lifestyle changes
- Strategies for effective communication and motivation
- Personal training outside the gym
- Advice on how to run a successful PT business
- Planning and instructing functional training sessions